The Wilson Library
Welcome to the Wilson Library!
The Wilson Library is situated upstairs in the Learning Resources Centre. The Wilson Library is named after past Wesley student and Northern Ireland peace campaigner Gordon Wilson.
8.15am – 4.00pm
4.20pm – 6.00pm
All students and staff are automatically members of the Wilson Library. Students are given library cards when they join the school.
- Students can check out (borrow) up to 3 books at a time
- Books can be borrowed for 2 weeks
- If you are in a rush, you can drop books back to the Returns Box in front of the librarian’s office
- Large up-to-date fiction and non-fiction collections, including new Young Adult and Graphic Novels sections
- Reading Nook with beanbags and cushions
- Open reading and group work area
- 43 study carrels
- Online catalogue
- Digital Library (Sora) with access to 9,000+ ebooks and audiobooks
- Full-time qualified librarian, with second librarian in the afternoons
- Cyber Library with 6 PCs
- Black and white printing
- DVD collection
Student Library Assistants
We have a large team of Student Library Assistants who volunteer in the school library. This year (2022-2023), we have 40 assistants, ranging from Preps to Sixth Year.
These student volunteers complete training with the Librarian at the start of the year. They help with re-shelving and tidying, as well as tasks such as labelling and stamping new books. We hope this experience will be a positive one for all involved. The students gain valuable work experience and other life skills here in the library and we are extremely grateful for their willingness to give their free time so enthusiastically. Their help to the school community is greatly appreciated.
Digital Library - Sora App
All Wesley students have automatic membership to Sora, a digital library which hosts more than 9,000 titles. Sora can be accessed online at https://soraapp.com or by downloading the Sora App on a smartphone or digital device. First year students and Preps have already been given their login details. Any other students looking for their Sora details need to email the school librarian or visit the library desk.