Quick Links

Useful Links


The Complete Co-Educational Day and Boarding School

Sports Update


Congratulations to Ed Collins, Mark Smyth, Conor Walsh, Josh Gill and Andrew Fox who were on the mark as the Leinster U-18s beat Munster 3-2 in the opening interpro match over the weekend. Peter Montgomery, Max Cauwell, Jack Watchorn, and Tommy Cullen were also out representing the Leinster U16 team, that kicked off their campaign with a 3-1 win over Munster.

Congratulations also to Harry Jones who is on the larger U16 squad and will play later in the competition. The girls squads have also been picked for the competition, with Lucy Bell and Lindsay Power representing Leinster U20, Mikayla Power and Robyn Burke-Mellon represent Leinster U18, Milla Fulton and Lucy Bond on Leinster U16, Tanya and Alison Plunkett on South Leinster U18 and U16 respectively. Lucy Quirk will also be donning the Munster red jersey for their U20 team.

Good luck to the Leinster and South Leinster girls teams that start their campaign this weekend.


The U19 girls had their first game against St. Columba’s College. They played full and half court games to which they challenged their counterparts. All players involved learned a great deal and are back to practice on Wednesdays and Saturdays for their next upcoming game.

Gallery: Senior Girls Basketball vs St. Columba's 

The U19 boys had a convincing win against Temple Carrig in their first game of the season. It was a great game for those new to the team to test their skills.

Gallery: Senior Boys Basketball vs Temple Carrig

Girls Hockey

Saturday saw a number of our girls teams out playing Loreto Beaufort in friendlies. The Senior 2s drew 1-1. They created a number of chances in the first half but were unable to convert. It took until 10 minutes into the second half for the opener to come. After a lengthy period of sustained pressure, Ruby Mitchell scored from the back post. A swift counter attack saw the opposition draw level towards the end of the game. The Senior 4s had a hard fought win to come out 4-3 on top at home.

The day proved to be a great practice opportunity for our Junior As as they faced their toughest opponent yet. Some super defending by Hannah Ruttle and Sarah Hanley ensured that Wesley did not concede any goals. At the other end of the pitch, prospective goals were plentiful due to some great plays by Milla Fulton, Meadhbh Scanlon, and Sophie Stewart among others. However, Beaufort put consistently excellent tackling on display which made sure that none of our chances bore fruit. Although the game finished in a draw, the final minutes saw a Wesley determination which will certainly stand to us in our league campaign. The Junior Bs came out 3-2, while the Cs followed with a 1-1 draw away.

In this early starting game for the Minor A squad, the girls went behind early on as a result of a lapse in concentration defensively. Keeping the structure in the opening period was causing problems as Loreto piled on the pressure. The girls did well to contain the play and managed to get a goal back through Lucy Fox before halftime. Half time gave the girls an opportunity to fix some structural issues and also to make some positional changes. This allowed them to play the ball around more comfortably between the lines and resulted in them dominating the play for the remainder of the game. Wesley scored 3 times making the final result a 3-1 win.

The Minor B girls had a good performance. The girls started extremely well scoring 2 goals early on and creating plenty of chances. Unfortunately Loreto hit back just before half time to make it 2-1. the second half became scrappy with very little flowing hockey being played but strong defensive performances from Eva McCraith and Sarah Farrelly meant the game finished 2-1. Another strong performer was Lauren Flynn who played in midfield and linked nicely with the play. The C’s were also in action against a stronger Loreto side, losing out 2-0 in the end.

There were two exciting matches played at 9:30am by the Prep and 1st Year squads. In both games Beaufort came out tops with a 6-3 win in one of the games. Summer Lau defended heroically to pick the ball off the goal line on several occasions. It was an end to end game with both teams going through spells of great attacking and defending. In the end though it was Loreto who converted more of their chances.

In the second of the 9:30am games Wesley lost a closely fought game 4-3. The Wesley goals came from Evelyn Kwik, Sophie Bryce Smyth and Isabelle Carroll-Breen. Despite the loss this was a great performance by the girls who came from 4-1 down through sheer grit and determination.

There were mixed fortunes for the two Prep and 1st Year Girls matches at 10:30am in Wesley. On the bottom cage we had a close first half. Both Wesley and Loreto were without goalkeepers. We played 8 outfielders on both teams. The first half only produced a couple of goals with Wesley going into half time 2-1 up. In the second half the Wesley girls structure was much better using the width and the space around the pitch. Anna Morris was lively for the match making a nuisance of herself to the Beaufort midfielders and defense. Her tireless running paid off as she secured 3 goals for her side with one of the goals coming from a solo run deep in her own defense. Eve Small scored another after pouncing on a rebound from a Beaufort stick out of the goal area. Abby Phelan and Rachel Cole finished off the goal scoring with a goal a piece. Emma O'Donnell too had a solid game bringing the ball out of crowded areas on several occasions. .

In the other 10:30am game Loreto proved to be a tough opponent. Despite this they fought hard throughout the game. Beaufort had no goalkeepers for these games so Evelyn Hefflefinger our Prep goalkeeper volunteered to stay and play for them and made some great saves ensuring that Beaufort only conceded 2 goals. Wesley defended well however Beaufort proved too strong and converted several chances leaving the final score at 4-2.

Wednesday saw our Junior Cs and Ds, along with the Minor Bs take on St. Andrew’s, with the teams winning 4-1, 3-1 and 2-0 respectively. A great demonstration across the board.

Gallery: Junior C Girls vs St. Andrew's

Gallery: Junior Ds vs St. Andrew's

The Senior 1s took on Loreto Foxrock on Thursday, recording a clean sheet with goals shared between Mya Adams, Mikayla Power, Annabel Squires, Lucy Ellis, Laura Heaney and Sinéad O’Grady. A strong performance from the team, well done.

Gallery: Senior 1s vs Loreto Foxrock

Boys Hockey

Congratulations to the Senior 1s, kicking off the games on Wednesday beating Sutton Park School 4-0 in their All Ireland Qualifying match. Fresh from the interpros, the goal scorers were Conor Walsh (2), Ed Collins and Mark Smyth. It was an entertaining start to their All Ireland campaign and we eagerly await the draw to take place for the main competition, which will run over a number of weeks this year.

Gallery: Senior 1s vs Sutton Park

The Junior C boys lost 6-2 to a mixed St. Andrews B and C side. This was a tough game for the boys facing a strong Andrews team. There’s work still to be done but plenty of potential from Wesley with the attacking efficiency they had. Goals came from Adam Farrelly and Charlie Mitchell.

The U13 As took on St. Andrew’s in Wesley. New to the full pitch 11 a side it was evident from the off that using the whole space is something we will need to work on in the coming weeks and months. Our passing play and communication is excellent with a goal coming from a quick 1-2 combination on the edge of the circle and a nice finish from Johnny Woods within the first minutes. Our structural issues were discussed at half time and we came out immediately displaying more discipline in our positioning. This allowed for more space in the midfield and we connected passes with more ease. Aggressive pressing between Johnny Woods and Charlie Whelan in the front line allowed us to get a second goal, minutes in to the second half. The Wesley boys kept the pressure high and controlled the game for the final minutes. Scrappy play in the oppositions circle led to a third goal being knocked in by a few sticks at once. The ball spilled behind their keeper and 3 of our players pounced on the ball to claim a third goal. Great first win of the year with plenty of room for improvement.

Gallery: U13 As vs St. Andrew's

The U13 Bs had a great 2-1 win against St. Andrew’s. Wesley had a strong start that laid the foundation for the rest of the game with Conor Foody scoring early on. Wesley dominated with Zack Hanley and Dillon Minchen Byrne controlling the game from midfield. James Keegan and Ben Gogan were solid at the back and Adam Bailey scored to secure the win. Andrews came back to within a goal with a late score but the Wesley boys saw out the rest of the match strongly.

Gallery: U13 Bs vs St. Andrew's

The U13 Cs played St. Andrew’s in a very tight game. Wesley had plenty of scoring opportunities in the second half which we did not convert. Super defending from our two centres at the back Charlie Byrne and Joshua Walsh who also pushed forward when they could putting Andrews under some pressure. Andrew Cherry at the back gave some lovely line balls to the forwards. Josh Ellis in the centre was very creative with some really good balls to link up with the outside mids. Dylan Poyntan in goals was called on many occasions and did not disappoint he made several great saves and kicked strongly out of his circle. Up front Benjamin Fry and Eoin McCraith looked dangerous in the circle getting lots of good balls through from their team mates in particular from Zack French Healy. The Andrews keeper also had a good day in goal for his team keeping all the Wesley shots on goal out. One goal just in the last 6 minutes clinched a narrow win for St. Andrew’s. Lots of positives for the Wesley team and plenty to work on for the season ahead.


Boys Rugby

The Wesley U14 red team played some great rugby to beat Blackrock on a score line of 31-19. Wesley got off to a strong start when Thiabult Campbell scored a try after 5 minutes. Blackrock then started to enjoy more of the possession and scored the next two tries to leave Wesley trailing 5-12 at half time. Wesley re-grouped in the second half and scored the first try thanks to an excellent intercept from Joshua Walsh. Shortly after Ross Collins then made a fine break on the wing and after some good phases of rugby from the forwards, Cian Frederick's was on hand to score a try from close range. Johnny Woods was controlling the game well from out half with some excellent passing and kicking and was rewarded for his efforts with a fine try to put Wesley further out in front. The Wesley defence worked incredibly hard throughout the game and Blackrock were finding it very hard to find a way through. Thiabult Campbell then scored his second try of the game after he ran 50 metres when he picked the ball off the back of the scrum. Blackrock scored a late try then to leave the result at 31-19 in favour of Wesley. Well done to all the players involved and particularly to those who played there first ever game of rugby.

Wesley U14 blue team encountered a strong and experienced Blackrock side and conceded two ties early in the first half after very strong Blackrock attack. Wesley, led by Captain Conor Fox, settled and battled back and were very unlucky not to score before half time after putting continued pressure on Blackrock. Wesley continued strongly in the second half scoring two superbly taken tries by Patrick Sabella after powerful attacking team play to battle back to within two points. Wesley remained in the hunt right to the end with outhalf Jonah Nathan controlling the attack from out half. But two late tries from Blackrock left the final score at 12-24. Wesley players can be very proud of their efforts with many new players playing their first game of rugby. 

Gallery: U14s vs Blackrock College

Wesley U15 A's were matched up against a physically imposing Kings Hospital side on Wednesday. Wesley, led by Captain Tom Burke came out firing, going 7-0 up early in the game through a well worked try that was finished off by Matthew Wystepek. Wesley continued to control the tempo thanks to out-half Ruairi Fox pulling the strings and strong carries from MarkBryan Dodds and James Mulhall. After some sustained attacks by Kings Hospital, Wesley forced a turnover which allowed Max Colbert to go from his own 22 metre line and score a fantastic try. He then went in for another try, leaving the score 21-0 at half time. Two more quick fire tries followed from Max Colbert, bringing his tally to four for the game, Nathan Heatley pulled his conversion wide, the score now 33-0. Kings Hospital grew into the game more in the second half, scoring two well worked tries to leave the final score 33-14. A great start to the season for Wesley and a first game for the school for all the players involved.

The U15 B’s had a great game against King’s Hospital. They led by 3 tries to 2 at half time and scored the first try in the second half with two tries from Harry Glennon and two from James Ryan. Unfortunately they ended up on the wrong side of the score line losing by 20 points to 25 due to a last minute try from King’s Hospital.

Wesley SCT travelled to CBC Monkstown for their 2nd league match in what was an important game for the squad in search of a win to kickstart their league campaign and what a performance it was with the Wesley running out 39-3 winners with the full squad contributing. CBC started the match on the front foot backed by their vocal support and looked to make home advantage count but thanks to some strong Wesley defence and a missed penalty failed to make any inroads on the scoreboard. Wesley then grew into the game and asserted some real pressure in the CBC half leading to a great score taken out on the left wing by Matthew Golden, the tough conversion was missed but Wesley grew in confidence off the back of another strong period of defence to stop CBC crossing the line and marched up the pitch thanks to some strong carries from Ryan Jones and Jamie Crooks leading to great sidestep and try under the posts for Jamie Fish leaving the score at 12-3 at half time. From the start of the 2nd half the messages were clear for the boys and they set about making their sustained pressure and territory count on the scoreboard. Led by some excellent defence and carries from Oran Handley and Liam O’Neill ,Wesley worked their way up and off the back of a strong lineout maul brought down just short, Jamie Fish sprung for his 2nd try of the game converted by Jonny Cazzini. This score released the pressure on the team and led to some brilliant free flowing attacking rugby. Ryan Jones was next to cross the try line in the corner after a well worked lineout move. Tails were now up which led to two individual moments of brilliance and two tries that will be hard to top all season. The first coming from Toby Durham, returning a kick from his own half beating half a dozen defenders in the process and showing great speed to touch down in the corner and the last try of the game was another outstanding bit of footwork and speed from Cian Mitchell Doyle swerving in and out and beating half of the CBC team to score a great try underneath the posts with Jonny Cazzini converting both to round off a great team performance. The Seniors will now have a week off before continuing their league campaign in a tough fixture away to Roscrea.